Sunday, December 26, 2010
Thanks to the Edward's Family: Ron, Andrew, John, Terri...and many other boy scout helpers!
The bridge is in! Still some work to do!
We have need of 14 wooden stations of the cross if anyone is interested in a future project. The places to post them are already set, but the crosses were burned in the fire!
GLORY TO GOD ON THE HIGHEST!
It is amazing that this past year we started the "Green Team", men and women who wanted to share their talents with the Pro Sanctity Retreat Center. Members meet every first Saturday, pray, plan, and then keep up with the monthly "to do" list throughout the month. The list usually consisted of mowing, fixing small breaks or machines, and maybe hammering a nail here or there. Who knew they would be building a small storage unit that was akin to building a house!! Praise God! They did it!!
Friday, December 3, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Green Team Meeting December 4, 2010 - 9:30 am -
firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-289-2670
December 1, 2010
Thanks to all for all the small, hidden, large, noticeable, and everything in between, acts of service and kindness of this past month!! God bless you all!!! Special thanks to Jeff for the new GREAT ROOM – painted walls, exquisite newly refinished floor and even the cat is happy with her new “cat barn” – well most of the time she is happy! Thank you from all of us!!
1. Green Team Meeting December 4, 2010 - 9:30 am -
2. Boy Scouts with our good friend, Deacon Paul T. will be gathering for their training December 10-12, 2010 and will do service on Saturday, December 11 or when weather will allow, see below. They would like "our list" of to do's... They will be in the cabin.
3. Tonight we will send a revised plan of the new building!! We have the winter to work on details, but if we can settle on basic size and where windows and such will be we can put in the footings and then be ready for building in the spring!
4. We have had several offers for washer and dryer, the last one was from the Dyer family who want us to go and get the set we want – new, and then when we have the new building to buy another set! We do not have a place to put a new set in the old house as of yet! What shall we do? Use the kitchen bathroom???
5. Any ideas for storage of an industrial kitchen set?? We need a garage or a walk in basement probably.
6. Continue on purging the library. We are keeping only “our specialty saint, theology and bible books, emphasis on saints and Mary” and in need of items for children, DVD’s etc.
7. Clean and paint the upper room of the house.
8. Electricity in the new shed.
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: December Help?
Is December 10 through December 12 morning available?
Hopefully the wind will be down to burn that pile outside.
As far as cooking, we can bring our propane camp stove. We just have to be extra clean where we are eating. I offered the older scouts a change to camp in their tents outside of the building. In the past I've had some adventurous scouts!
I have one scout, Matt Beresh that would like to do his Eagle project at Pro Sanctity. I told him to ask when we're out there next.
Let me know what's on your list that we can help with?